How it works...
Ice-Away's rapidly revolving propeller pumps a large column of water to the diffuser. When the column of water strikes the diffuser, a redirection of the water column occurs, in an omni-directional pattern, allowing a larger area of coverage to be provided as compared to competitive ice-melting equipment. At the same time the pumpage effect from the propellor occurs, there is an induced flow effect, which is to say that for each gallon of water being moved by the propellor an additional amount of water is being pulled along. Pumpage on a 1/2 hp unit is 500 gpm with an induced flow of 500,000 gph.
The IA-5 Ice-Away is capable of keeping an 8-ft diameter area of open water for every foot of propellor depth.* The IA-5 Ice-Away is suspended at an average depth of approximately 5 feet; however, up to a maximum of 8 feet of propeller depth has provided adequate coverage.
With Ice-Away, as well as any de-icing device, water movement is not the key factor in melting ice. The key is "How much heat is available in the water?" The colder the water the smaller the opening.
*Performance specification are gained from empirical data in average conditions where useable heat in the water is adequate.
- Stainless steel Franklin Electric submersible motor. ANSI/NEMA 250 and UL 508 recognized.
- Water dooled and lubricated. No oil to contaminate or rob energy.
- No long shafts to bend or become out of balance. 5/8" diameter, 1-1/2" long motor shaft.
- No seals or bearings to maintain.
- Computer designed, high-speed, foul-resistant propeller.
- Exclusive computer designed flow-directing diffuser.
- 1/2 hp, 500 gpm. Available in 115-volt, 11.5 amps or 230-volt, 5.7 amps.
- Standard two-year warranty. Extended three-year warranty available.
- MODEL IA-5
- MODEL #IA-5 WITH 25' CORD(STD) ........30LBS
- MODEL #IA-5 WITH 50' CORD ........ ........33LBS
- MODEL #IA-5 WITH 100' CORD ...................38LBS
NOTE: 115-volt motors and 25' cord furnished unless otherwise specified on order.